Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dennis 15-minute Poses



I truly feel that once you go digital the possibilities are endless! But I am not so convinced that infinite possibilities are always good for an artist. An artist should really make choices about how they are going to use a medium. So, I'm trying to make sure that I draw with the same process I would use on paper. Fundamentally I want the digital drawing to look like a drawing. These sketches were made of a great local model named Dennis at an open drawing session. I certainly ruffled a few traditionalist when I hauled out my tablet and laptop. It was followed with a lively discussion filled with varying positions. I have to say anyone thinking of trying this should feel comfortable and know why they are bringing this medium to a traditional drawing session. Best advice: Smile and listen to the reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers